Arts & Entertainment, People & Society, Reference
Related words: the
the game, google, youtube, facebook, weather, the sun, the voice, the rock, the office, yahoo, tumblr, the hunger games, the walking dead, the hobbit, netflix, twitter, amazon, craigslist
la, el, del, los, al
das, die, des, den, der, ...
les, la, laquelle, l', lequel, ...
il, la, del, della
o, a, do, da, no
de, het, van de
млечный, англиканский, спасённый, дозволенный, советский, ...
den, det, på, i, de
den, det, i, av, på
den, det, af, de, i
ο, η, το, την, της
на, за, в, от, по
að, sem, á, er, í
на, за, со, во, од
Popularity stats: the
Most searched by regions
Pennsylvania, North Carolina, New York, Kentucky, Ohio
Most searched by cities
New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston
The meaning and "use of": the
- denoting one or more people or things already mentioned or assumed to be common knowledge.
- used to point forward to a following qualifying or defining clause or phrase.
- used to make a generalized reference to something rather than identifying a particular instance.
- enough of (a particular thing).
- (pronounced stressing “the”) used to indicate that someone or something is the best known or most important of that name or type.
- used adverbially with comparatives to indicate how one amount or degree of something varies in relation to another.